QUEBEC CITY WINTER CARNIVAL!!!!
So I spent the whole of yesterday (7 hours to and from quebec city on the bus though) at the quebec winter carnival, basking and celebating all that is winter, and all that is COLD (uggh...hehe..=P) I was really excited at the start cos I saw pictures of the carnival, and so I had these images of fireworks, dressed-up people, etc in my brain.
Well, we had a bad start, actually I had a bad start on the bus because there was this overly made-up, annoyingly bimbotic girl who was sitting behind me. And the worst part about it was that she started flirting with this Norwegian guy I was sitting with by going on and on and on and on about how Canada has vitamin D in their milk because we don't get enough sun.. and how 1 banana is 1 portion of vegetables... yadayadaya.. and she also almost totally ignored me!! ME!! She also talking to her equally bimbotic friend beside her..giggling like there was no tomorrow about how she is going to go visit this place where this guy who likes her is, and how much he can't wait to see her, blah blah blah.. oh man.. It just took me about all the self-restraint I had not to stand up, stuff an eggplant in her mouth (there.. there's your 3 servings of fruits and vegetables for the day! yayy! ahah) and yell "Get a BRAIN!!!"
heh fine..I think I sound pretty mean. but she was seriously annoying the crap outta me..=P anyway.. the situation wasn't helped by the fact that we were caught in a jam! *sigh* Here's a pic of Bhavish and Dawn on the bus anyways.. hehe.. went with the both of them..
My yam yam snack! bought from chinatown the night before! heheheh..indispensable.. =P
koala melon snack! My camera is kickass man.. you can even see the crumbs on my fingers! =P heehee..
Finally arrived.. this is the 'ice palace' in the daytime.
Ice sculpture!!!
Dawn at the entrance of the ice palace..hehe..
We then decided to walk around the city for a bit, before the sun set. Here are the scenes of
parts of Quebec city bathed in the soft hues of the setting sun..=P
walking around in the city..
Lookout point looking over the st lawrence river? haha.. just a guess.. anyway, it was filled with floating ice pieces. =P
Ice sledding thingy which I really wanted to try but didn't get to in the end! =( looks so fun.. =P
Think this is the side view of Le Chateau Frontenac, a pretty well-known hotel in quebec. =P
A nicer picture of it. =P

<< Home